FunTrackers Easter Special 2016 - Finished! » View News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Beta] Your first impressions of TM² Canyon
» What do you think about ManiaPlanet and TrackMania² Canyon?
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

[Beta] Your first impressions of TM² Canyon
So after having played the Beta for some days now: What do you think of the new ManiaPlanet and TrackMania² Canyon?

I think, TM² Canyon is very good. It is a new Environment and therefor completely different from the known ones, but it still have the typical TrackMania feeling. The handling is very nice: The car can become very fast, but with the drifts/slides you are always able to get sharp corners. I like these drifts Smile

The damage model is very nice to look at: Crashing against a wall, and your car deforms or may even loose one door etc. And as I cannot drive Canyon yet, I always finish a track with a damaged car... Impossible to get thorugh without crash Ugly

My favorite block so far: The loop. Very hard to drive, but looks fantastical Biggrin

Of course I took a closer look on the ManiaLinks and on ManiaScript. Sadly, no much information are known yet, so I think my current impression may change until release, when everything is known.
The Manialinks are mostly kept as they are in TMF, but with the Integration of ManiaScript, a C-like scripting language*, you get full control of the ManiaLink, even after it has been done loading. If you see the ManiaLinks as HTML, ManiaScripts behaves similar to JavaScript. Let's see, how powerful ManiaScript will really become, until now, it sounds very good Smile

(* Actually ManiaScript is no script language, but a compiler language, as the Scripts get compiled before execution.)

But there is also a downside, as of the Beta state: The game does not run stable on my notebook. It crashes or freezes very often, and this can be frustrating sometimes, if you built a map and it crashes before you saved it... Let's hope, this will get better with the release ^^

[Image: 54e39adf682a7e.png][Image: 54e81d421182e1.png]
[Image: message.png]
(This post was last modified: 08.08.2011 11:23 by Marcel.)
08.08.2011 11:21
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joyeux Offline
EGG.
FunTracker

RE: [Beta] Your first impressions of TM² Canyon
ofc, this game is awesome.

But some points are annoying me: Why deleting things which worked very well in TMUF? Why deleting FX colours and FX blur? Why making harder ghost importation in MT editor? Why deleting signs?

Pretty strange. Happy

Anyway, real feedbacks:

The car is pretty easy to manage, except for the damned drift. Ugly The editor is amazing, the blocks are great. Yeah, that's it. Biggrin

Ugly
08.08.2011 11:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Yeah, I agree with the signs: They are definitly missing. I hope Nadeo will add a new sign block, which you can everywhere you want to have it (and not only where you don't need it, as the current one ^^).

I didn't looked into the MT myself, so I cannot say anything to this atm.

[Image: 54e39adf682a7e.png][Image: 54e81d421182e1.png]
[Image: message.png]
08.08.2011 11:53
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mandark Offline
Why are you even looking at this
FunTracker

I agree with both of you guys.
But the drift is easy if you drive with two hands Biggrin
08.08.2011 16:33
Saftstein Offline
Saftstein wreslted a bear once
Inactive FunTracker

Great game, i only dislike the new Media Tracker. I liked the old one better. I miss some old features, but nevermind. I like the new car physics and the graphic is pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to the full game!

Tell me now, what do you stand for?
08.08.2011 21:42
chalwhen Offline
test out my island beeeeta !!!
Inactive FunTracker

I like TM:2, it's great, but yeah it has also some new bugs:
Sometimes the mt.work is a little bit strange, but I like that you can see the cars moving in the intro too.
05.10.2012 21:51