Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FT eXchange Upgrade
» An overview of the new features
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

FT eXchange Upgrade
» FT eXchange - Upgrade your eXperience!
Overview of the new Features

So finally, the FT eXchange has been finished. Forget anything you know from the old FTX, the new FTX is completely different Biggrin
In this Post, I listed the main new features for you, I'm not sure if I named all, so maybe you find another feature Tongue
(See related News: FT eXchange - Upgrade your eXperience)

AJAX Requests / Javascript based
The most obviuos, and definitly dthe most complex feature of the new FT eXchange is the Management of the entered parameters and handling them in the background: Instead of refreshing the whole website, only the tracklist itself gets updated when changing one of the parameters or the current viewed page.
The Technical Preview, which has been released in March, was a first test, if that new mechanism works as expected. And of course to show, that something is happen Tongue
Another goal was, to have a "nice" URL: I think you know the situation of TMX, where you always have to copy the "External Link" to really get your page, as the URL shown in the address bar is "not correct". (Same situation was in old FTX.) With the new mechanism (called "SWFAddress" if you are interested), it was possible to have the URL change, even though the website doesn't. And so, all the parameters can be applied to the URL, making it possible to directly copy&paste it.
I think, I have not to mention, that the new FTX is only working with activated JavaScript Tongue

Track Box Design
The Track Boxes have been completely re-designed... But look yourself:
Moderate Gale by Marcel
Medals:
0:42.59

0:45.00

0:50.00

1:00.00
Game:
Forever
Type:
Race
Environment:
Rally
Mood:
Sunrise
Difficulty:
Intermediate
Length:
45 Seconds
Release:
Mapsize:
2000 Coppers
Downloads:
Download TM eXchange
(To create such a box, use [FTX=<TrackID>])

This box shows all important information about a track next to the Track Screen. If a Description or Additional Authors (see below) has been specified, a "More Details" button switches to them.
In the bottom line, you have the possibility to directly download the Track from FTX, to open the TMX page (if TMX ID is provided), and to Manage the Track (if you are allowed to).

Track Length and more
In old FTX, the data either was read from the Track file, or if not possible you had to enter it. The problem was, that if any of this data could not be retrieved from the file, you had no chance to correct it.
With the new FTX, you are able to change most of the data which can be wrong: Next to the Length you may change the Environment, the Length, and even the Type of the Track (Race, Stunt, ...). So if the script makes any mistake, you now can correct them Wink2

EnviMixed Maps
One of the newest (hacked ^^) features of TMF are envimixed Maps. I am not really a fan of MixMapped maps, as you know.
But I decided in the last minutes, to integrate this feature, as there are already some EnviMixed maps from FTs. So next to the Environment, you can specify the Vehicle, which is used in this map. If the Vehicle is other than the Environment, it is seperatly shown in the Track Box, and the ENvironment icon in the bottom right corner is replaced by the Vehicle, so you directly should see that this map is EnviMixed Wink2

TMNF-X
Old FTX has been developed and published, were TMX only consists of TMU-X (ignoring the "old" TMX's, as they are not supported by FTX). But in meanwhile, TMNF-X has been added, and so there was the need to differentiate between TMU-X and TMNF-X. If you now enter a TMX-ID, you may choose between those two TMX-plattforms. And as soon as TM2-X will be published, a third option will follow... Wink2

Multiple Authors
Lately, more and more coop-tracks has been build, but with old FTX, there was no chance to specify any additional authors. Maybe the track was assigned to Psyduck representing the "FunTrackers Community", but you still had no authors.
With the new FTX, you have the possibility to specify any "Additional authors": Any authors, which have took part on that track. You may enter whatever you want, but in case you enter a FT, you enable special features: This track will be listed, when searching for the additional author's tracks. And he or she will be able to Manage the track, too Wink2
(You have to enter the correct forum name of the FT, e.g. "snakey3000". A "snakey" would be not enough. You can check if the FT has been recognized, as all FTs will be linked to the FTX in the Track Box.)

FT Community Tracks
There is another Feature, you may enable with specifying FTs as Additional Authors: The Community Tracks.
As soon as 3 FTs have been assigned to a Track (including the "main" author), the Track gets transmitted to Psyduck, making it to a "FunTrackers Community Track". All authors are then listed as "Additional Authors", and have the same features as named above (e.g. managing the Track).
(As soon as a Track looses the third FT, it will loose the Community-label as will be a "normal" track again.)

Screen Upload
The screen upload has been made a bit easier: Instead of accepting only JPEG in 320x240, you may now upload any image you want, as long as it is a JPEG, GIF or PNG. The image will then be converted to JPEG and will be streched to fit the correct size.

Visibility
Another new Feature is, that you are able to select whether or not the Track should be visible on the ManiaLink and the Server. Default is to be visible on both, but if you think, this track should not be sold on FTML, remove it from their on your own. Or if it is not really good to be played on the Server, remove it, too.
(Currently, the Server Visibility has no effect. This means it is not really added or removed from the server. It is planned, to build a mechanism to synchronize the Tracks in FTX and on the Server, as we have it for FTX and FTML, but I don't know, when this feature will be available. Nevertheless, please unselect the Server, if the Track is not appropriate for servers.)

For all FTs
Please check your tracks, if they have been converted correctly. If you find any errors, please correct them or, if it's not your track, post them so that I (or Snakey) can correct them. Please especially pay attention to EnviMixed maps, TMX-IDs (TMU-X or TMNF-X) and the Visibility on ManiaLink and Server.

FT»Marcel

[Image: 54e39adf682a7e.png][Image: 54e81d421182e1.png]
[Image: message.png]
10.10.2010 10:12
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joyeux Offline
EGG.
FunTracker

RE: FT eXchange Upgrade
Marcel you rock Thumbsup
It's simply awesome, 1 new reason for me to want to be a FT Biggrin

Ugly
(This post was last modified: 10.10.2010 11:10 by Joyeux.)
10.10.2010 10:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sammon Away
Fox disguised as a fish :D

<3

My TMX Account Cool
[Image: ZmZjAmR3At.png]
[Image: AGHlBGZ1Zt.png]
10.10.2010 17:24
Nimrod Offline
no title since 1773
FunTracker

amazing oO
(This post was last modified: 10.10.2010 20:08 by Nimrod.)
10.10.2010 20:08
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
|@ndy| Offline
Skilled Mapper
FunTracker

Now it's better then Tmx O.o
maybe you can add awards too ? Biggrin

What?!?! Tongue
[Image: tmoplayer.php?amdyly]
10.10.2010 20:42
Nimrod Offline
no title since 1773
FunTracker

no, something like star-ratings, like on youtube or sharemania
10.10.2010 21:12
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Do we really need a rating or award system?
I think, it is not needed, as all FT tracks have a high niveau of tracking, and thus the rating may end in 5 stars for all tracks, making them senseless Wink2

10.10.2010 21:30
|@ndy| Offline
Skilled Mapper
FunTracker

yeah and the possibility to comment would be awesome,too :O

What?!?! Tongue
[Image: tmoplayer.php?amdyly]
10.10.2010 21:31
sanfc Offline
The Unpronouncable!
Inactive FunTracker

great update, marcel you're awesome!

(\__/)This is Bunny.
(='.'Sideways Copy and paste bunny into your signature
(")_(") to help him gain worlddomination.
10.10.2010 22:03
»NinjAstar« Offline
Professional track reviewer ^^

Really cool update to the site, now I know where to look to find a lot of great tracks. Biggrin

Ph34r
11.10.2010 20:45
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

FT eXchange - Bugfix
After Snakey discovered a Bug within the FTX Manager Scripts, making it impossible to completely remove any uploaded tracks, now I was able to fix this bug. The reason was a small line of code, which have not been changed when the FTX moved from Beta to the public version, thus causing a MySQL error... Or in an infinite loading progress from outside ^^ This bug, of course, has been fixed now, so you should now be able to successfully remove your tracks... if you want so Tongue

If you consider any problems, please feel free to report them within our Feedback-Forums. Especially an infinite loading progress could indicate a major problem in the scripts, as in most cases a crashed Javascript causes sinished requests to get ignored, making the loading progress never-ending Wink2
(If you find a bug, please give as most details as possible: Beginning which what you wanted to do, and, very important, how to reproduce the bug, as not-reproducable bugs cannot be fixed.)

07.11.2010 22:54
sanfc Offline
The Unpronouncable!
Inactive FunTracker

RE: FT eXchange - Bugfix
Marcel Wrote: (07.11.2010 22:54)  
The reason was a small line of code, which have not been changed when the FTX moved from Beta to the public version, thus causing a MySQL error... Or in an infinite loading progress from outside ^^ This bug, of course, has been fixed now, so you should now be able to successfully remove your tracks... if you want so Tongue
Who the fuck should understand that?

(\__/)This is Bunny.
07.11.2010 23:30
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Hmm, I think at least kastun will understand it... hopefully Ugly
(Yeah, I'm sorry, I was in the middle of continuing my Bachelor's thesis, and thus wrote it too detailled I think Biggrin)

During the beta phase, the URL was /newexchange, and the DB table was "newtracks". When the new FTX has its release, from both the "new" has been removed... but I missed one line where still "newtracks" was written. And that caused the "remove Track" request to load forever
... or so. in the end, it does not really matter, as it is fixed now Ugly

(This post was last modified: 08.11.2010 00:00 by Marcel.)
07.11.2010 23:45
sanfc Offline
The Unpronouncable!
Inactive FunTracker

ok, great Tongue

(\__/)This is Bunny.
07.11.2010 23:56
caerphoto Offline
Homely Mapper

Hello! I was just browsing this (it's really cool Biggrin ) and I have a usability suggestion: after clicking Next at the bottom, it'd be cool if the window scrolled up to the first track of the new page.
29.04.2014 22:07
Lodec Offline
Canyonfreak
FunTracker

+1 i always wanted to have that
Actually i wanted to have it subconsciously Biggrin

I can please only one person a day

Today is not your day

Tomorrow doesn't look good either
(This post was last modified: 29.04.2014 23:11 by Lodec.)
29.04.2014 23:11
lolig Offline
any suggestions or a title?
FunTracker

hmm yes that would be handy Smile
something wich can be done to and would be maybe a bit easier: put also a next page button somewhere above the 1st track showing.

anyways nice idea caerphoto Smile
30.04.2014 14:38