Next Level Upgrade
» Feature presentation
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Next Level Upgrade
» FunTrackers Clanpage - Next Level Upgrade

See also: Related News

So it finally had begun: With this thread, some of the scripts has already been updated, to reduce the chaos of them and to prepare them for adding another (I think the most wanted Biggrin ) feature: FT eXchange.

The intention of this thread is, to inform you about any changes I made, about any new (smaller) features I added, and any problems, which may appear for some reason. So if you discover any bug, first look into this thread, before posting it anywhere else. To keep this thread clean (as I may add new features with new posts), this thread will be closed. If you found any bug, or if you just want to leave some feedback, please feel free to use the Feedback & Bugs forum instead Wink2

» The small FTX... Box on Index Page
Most changes are only in the background, but an update without any visible changes is not worth being published Teeth

Extended information of FTX-Box (ClanPage Index)
It finally works. I planned to extend the FTX Box quite a long time, and wanted to add a nice fading effect on changing the track, but nearly always there was one factor, which stopped me finishing the new script: The IE. Where other browsers executed the Javascript as expected, and displayed everything right, the IE either didn't know some functions, or had problems with transparency effects. After long time, I found a way, to make it work in all browsers Teeth

When looking onto the new FTX Box, you shoul see two new features:
  • Additional information
    Instead of only showing "Newest Track" or "Random Track", the new FTX Box now changes this information, and rotates between the known Type of Track, the Name of the Track, and the Author of the Track.
  • Fading effect
    Until know, when the track changed, there was a silent plop and the new screen was there. Nothing more. Now, there is a nice fading effect, where the old screen changes into the new one. In addition to that, even the change of the information to the screen uses this animation. All smooth... hopefully Biggrin

This feature is full javascript based. As all browsers handle Javascript a little bit different, there may be any problems. Please report them, if you have any issues Wink2
(This script has been tested in Firefox, IE, Opera and Chrome.)

So that's for now, another feature is nearly finished, an may get applied in the next days. Happy

FT»Marcel

[Image: 54e39adf682a7e.png][Image: 54e81d421182e1.png]
[Image: message.png]
19.01.2010 17:23
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

RE: Next Level Upgrade - News Section
» News Section Update

Few minutes ago, another update has been installed to the website: The whole News Section got updated to the newest version. Most changes are behind the scenes, but there are few visible things, which changed:
  • Individual News Icons
    If looking on the ClanPage Index, or viewing any of the News, you may see the new icons, and that one of the News has its own icon. With the update, now each news can have a related icon, saying something about the type of the news. So the News FunTrackers ManiaLink - Rebooted! has the FTML-related icon, whereas (atm) all other news only have the general icon (which changed, too Wink2). There will be more icons in the future, depending on the situation.
  • Synchronisation with FTML
    One of the most important step of the News Section Update is mor in the background than really visible: The Synchronisation with the FT ManiaLink.
    As a News is added, or edited, the changed information is transmitted to the FTML, so it will be always up-to-date. This synchronisation will get automatically started once a day (over night), completely without any action from my side Smile (Hopefully Biggrin This is a very complex mechanism, and I'm still waiting for the first synchronisation... Does it finally work? EDIT: Yeah, first run worked fine Tongue)
    Why first synchronizing the News instead of e.g. new FT Members? A very simple reason: News Synchronisation means only to transmit the News Subject, the date of its release, and its internal ID. Three value, much easier to handle for first tests as the many information related with FT Members (the avatar alone takes some more work to transmit Wink2).

(This post was last modified: 04.02.2010 01:19 by Marcel.)
04.02.2010 00:17
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

RE: Next Level Upgrade - Member Synchronisation
Okay, today a post about a non-visual feature of the ClanPage... with a visible side effect on the ManiaLink Biggrin

» Member Synchronisation

If you look onto our Clan ManiaLink, for example on the Clan Section, you may first see no difference. But if you click on the scroll arrow on the bottom of the MemberList, you will see it: Sebik and Torque are now listed as Clan Member Wink2

But this is nothing special... More interesting is the way, how they got added: Full automated through the new implemented Synchronisation feature Teeth
This means: From now on, whenever the clan gets a new member, he will automatically be added to the FTML. Whenever anyone of the FT leaves the clan, he/she will get removed from the FTML. Completely without* any interaction from my side. Nice, isn't it? Biggrin

* The only thing, I have to do, is to (un-)register the Download-ManiaCode for this member. This cannot be automated by a script, the script is "only" able to tell me what to register Teeth

Some background information about how the Synchronisation works:
  • Over the day, the forum saves any activities, which may be important to the FTML. So if a new FT is recruted, the forum remembers something like "new FT, UserID #4".
  • Once a day, at 00:00 in the night, an automated task executes a special scripts of the FTML: The FTML "wakes up" and "asks" the forum about any changes in the last day (the FTML calls a special script of the forum).
  • As the forum still knows, that there is a "new FT, UserID #4", it can now collect all needed data (such as username, exact join date etc.), and sends this information as output back to the FTML. So what the FTML will see is something like "new FT, UserID #4, UserName Psyduck, Joindate 3.3.07, ..."
  • Last thing to do is, that the FTML reads and interprets these information, and applies them (if everything is all right) to the databases. And so, from now on the new FT Member "Psyduck" will get listed in the Memberlist Wink2

Which data is send during a Synchronisation
Nothing more than really needed by the FTML. Any data, which is transmitted, is visible on the FTML.
Taking the Member, this means, that only the UserID, the username, joindate, member description, a number saying how active this user is in the forum, and his avatar**.

At the moment, the most important thing is still missing: Synchronisation of FTX. This means, even if these mechanism is running in the background, no track will be added on the FTML for now.
I will try to add this feature the next days/weeks, to at least get a half automated synchronisation: It is easier to say "Synchronize Track #42" and the scripts will do the rest, than to copy&paste all of the data of any track to the FTML-database... Teeth

** Avatar synchronisation is not ready at the moment, as I still have some problems with sending the image file, and recognizing the change of any avatars.

FT»Marcel

17.02.2010 17:23
Thread Closed