FunTrackers Easter Special 2016 - Finished! » View News

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview
» A first preview of some new features, which will come with the Big Clanpage Upgrade
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview
As announced in the news, I want to begin publishing some of the new features of the clanpage, which wil come with the Big Clanpage Upgrade.

So, then let's start... What should I present to you... I think I will start, where everything will start: The new Clanpage Index itself Biggrin

I think it is not necessary to show you a screenhot of the new clanpage index, because from layout nearly nothing changed. Only in detail, some new features got included:
  • New Menu Structure
    This is the one new thing in layout of the page: The menu got expanded, showing more sections than before. So I made a screenshot from this new part of te website, you find it in the attachments.
    Next to the Items Home, News and Forum (and its Sub Items), you will see, that there are two new Sections added to the menu: One of them is the FunTrackers ManiaLink, not really important in that menu, but I thought it would look better if the new Manialink also got integrated into this menu. (You will only see some information about the ManiaLink, when clicking this menu Item, nothing more).
    But what is the other one? Yeah, it's the secret section, I already mentioned in the News Entry, and I still will not say anything about it Biggrin
  • New Rules
    If you look closer to the screenshot, you will see, that "Rules" becomes a Main Item of the Menu. The reason is, that not longer only Forum rules are written there, but also the new Clan Rules, which were requested from Snakey and some members.
  • Who's Online List on Index
    Below the menu, you will see a new box, called "Who's Online" (Second screenshot). These box does only exist on the index page, and shows, who currently is online. So if you want to see the users, currently browsing the forum, you no longer have to enter the forum and look there on the Who's Online List. A special feature is, that if you move your mouse about a member, listed in this box, you will directly see in a little hint, where this user currently is Wink2
  • Invisible Refreshs
    A basical new feature of the Index page is the refreshing in the background. While viewing the new clanpage (or reading the Shoutbox Biggrin), you will no longer be interrupted by a site refresh, forcing the whole site to get reloaded. Instead, only special parts like the News, Threads and Posts, and the Who's Online List will get updated, using Javascript. The new content gets dynamically integrated into the webpage, so that you may even not notice, that something has refreshed Wink2
    So, it's a refreshing without refreshing Ugly

Want to have more? Not today, otherwise I have nothing for the other days until the Big Clanpage Upgrade Biggrin

It's coming... 10 days...
FT»Marcel

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 54e39adf682a7e.png][Image: 54e81d421182e1.png]
[Image: message.png]
20.02.2009 20:11
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AmProsius Offline
Captain
Inactive FunTracker

RE: Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview
Yeeha! I knew it!

AmProsius Wrote:
Han Prosius will join the war! Sideways

But why did you open such a spam thread? Rolleyes

I think it's the forum update ...
Click

New Menu Structure: Nice! Smile

New Rules: Rules? What are rules? Teeth

Who's Online List: I think that's not that important, but ok. Thumbsup

Invisible Refreshs: Don't we have that already?

Two little goblins, out in the sun. Down came a griffin, and then there was one.
(This post was last modified: 20.02.2009 20:20 by AmProsius.)
20.02.2009 20:18
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Yeah, you guessed right, that it would be the Clanpage upgrade. But one thing is left: What's the new section coming with the Upgrade? Teeth

AmProsius Wrote:
Who's Online List: I think that's not that important, but ok. Thumbsup
For me as Administrator, this is an important feature: I always want to know, who is where in the forum and what doing, is there anyone in a forbidden area and so on. So I decided to integrate the list on the start page Wink2

AmProsius Wrote:
Invisible Refreshs: Don't we have that already?
No: at the moment, the whole page have to reload, and all the content is printed new in the browser. This means in detail, that if you are entering something for shouting, this field will lost focus during refresh (and may lost its contents, too).
In the new clanpage, this whole page refresh does no longer exist, but only parts of the site refreshes. This means, not the whole site ist printed new by the browser, but only the refreshing parts. Relating to the Shoutbox, the input field will no longer loose its focus and its content, so you will not get interrupted, when it's time to reload the contents Wink2
So it's more a comfort feature ^^

20.02.2009 20:29
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AmProsius Offline
Captain
Inactive FunTracker

Than the new refreshes are great! The shoutbox example was good, I knew that crap when I type a long sentence and have to restart in the middle, becaue the site reloaded.

Two little goblins, out in the sun. Down came a griffin, and then there was one.
20.02.2009 23:05
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview II
Another day, other features to be presented hear Biggrin

Yesterday I told about the new features of the Home site, so let's go to the second Menu Item: The News Section Happy
There are no big new features, only some small things which could be helpful. You find again a screenshot in the Attachments Wink2
  • Comment Boxes in Theme Color
    I think the most obvious change is the color of the Comment Boxes: They are no longer in green, but in the color of the current Theme you are using. So now they are fitting better into the News article ^^
    In addition to that, each comment shows the date and time, when it has been written, in the top right corner. Now you can see, how long ago a comment has been posted, and if an reaction on it is needed or if it should be forgotten Biggrin
  • Changes of the News Entry itself
    An already included feature was, that the News Admins (the ClanLeaders and me) were able to mark a News as Clan Internal, so that only FTs and ECUs were able to view that News. New is, that a special hint shows to you, whether or not a News is internal Wink2
    If viewing several News per page (e.g. when you clicked on the News Item in the Menu), the latest comment is already been displayed below the News. (Clicking on the News title or the number of comments will show all comments, as it is now).
  • Scripts Optimized
    As I said in the News Entry, most parts of my scripts had to be rewritten because of incompatibility. I used that chance to optimized these scripts: Even with the new features, the number of lines of all scripts of the News Section has been cut down to the half Blink
    Of course, this is not really a feature, but something I thought, I should mention Biggrin

As said: Not that big changes, but better than nothing Biggrin

It's coming... 9 days...
FT»Marcel

(This post was last modified: 21.02.2009 21:50 by Marcel.)
21.02.2009 17:55
Ebou Offline
Blue Team Go!
Inactive FunTracker

Great update Smile

Should be better than the way we had it.

hmmm....
22.02.2009 08:09
tmjonas Offline
dä iX eR (powah)

kuhl marcel! Thumbsup

22.02.2009 10:17
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview III
First post was about the Clanpage Index (Home), second one about the News. Do you see the reason, why I didn't post anything yesterday? Biggrin

Okay, today we will take a look onto the features of the forum istelf Wink2
  • MyBB Version 1.4
    As mentioned in the News, the main intention of the upgrade is, to get the newest version of the forum software. This means, countless new features will be available, most of them in the BackEnd (yeah I will have a completely redone Admin Control Panel Biggrin), but also some in the FrontEnd, you will be able to use.
    One of the bigger features is the new Post style (as seen in the first attached Screenshot): Author information on top of the post. (Don't panic: You can switch back to the classic style, if you want Wink2)
    I will not name any more of the new features, brought by MyBB 1.4, if you want to know more, visit www.mybboard.net Wink2
  • New MyCodes: Internal Linking
    Coming back to features, I integrated myself Biggrin
    Only few days ago, I finished a plugin, offering more MyCodes to easy and fast link to any forums, posts, threads or users. You think, this was already integraded?
    Code:
    [thread=201]Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview[/thread]
    You are right: This will already result in Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview. But what if you don't want to always give the thread title for the link? After Upgrade, just write the opening Tag alone, to get the same result: Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview (Of course it's not working atm ^^)
    Want to link to my profile? A simple Marcel will result in Marcel (inclusive color). This plugin has already been integrated in the ECU Forum, so if you are registered there, you already can test it Biggrin
    More information: View related Help Document @ ECU
  • New MyCodes: TrackMania
    Another MyCode plugin, developped by kastun and me, is the TrackMania MyCode Plugin. Some of the new Tags are already included now, but their functionally is nothing against the new plugin (which isn't even finished atm Happy ).
    Want to link to TM eXchange with image? A simple will result in:
    [Image: get.aspx?action=trackscreen&id=752673]
    Want to link to the old TMO-eXchange? and you will be done Happy
    Want to link to an ManiaLink, but forgot the syntax for the TMTP protocol? Forget TMTP, just use FunTrackers to link Biggrin ShareMania? Use [sm=ID]. TM Tube? Use [ tmt=ID]. And so on.
    More information: View related Help Document @ ECU (Few things may change in the next days, when Plugin gets completed)

Few features, long post... Biggrin
Want to have more? As always, I only say

It's coming... 7 days...
FT»Marcel

(This post was last modified: 02.03.2009 15:12 by Marcel.)
23.02.2009 20:13
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Clanpage Upgrade - Feature Preview IV
One single day left... Time to show the features of the most important element of the clanpage: The brand new Shoutbox Biggrin
  • Better safe then sorry (Doppelt hält besser)
    When I last updated the Shoutbox, it has been moved from the Forum Index to the Clanpage Index. First critics was, that it should be moved back to the forum, but this was not possible, because the script was too dependend of the Clanpage Index.
    With rewriting the Shoutbox, I paid attention to avoid these denpendencies, so that it can easily be integrated in both Clanpage Index and Forum Index, as it will happen with the Upgrade Wink2
    (I could view the Shoutbox on nearly every page now, but I think this two are enough ^^)
  • More comfort: Full Javascript support
    The Shoutbox uses basically only Javascript for all actions: Loading new SHouts without any page refresh? No problem. Add a shout? It will be dynamically shown in the shoutbox, without page refresh Biggrin
    For editing or deleting, no seperate page is needed any more: These actions will also directly happen in the Shoutbox (see Screenshot).
    (Even if activating Javascript is highly recommended: The Shoutbox also supports all actions except refreshing with deactivated Javascript Wink2)
  • Keep the Shoutbox clean
    If looking the screenshot, you will see, that there are only three pages of shouts. If you keep in mind, that I used a full backup of the forum when starting to prepare the Upgrade, you should miss the other hundreds of pages of shouts ^^
    The reason: SHouts older than two months get deleted automatically by the Shoutbox, to always keep the Shoutbox clean.
    Btw: as side effect of Javascript support, navigatimng through older shouts (as long as they are available) now happens dirctly in the shoutbox Wink2

Tomorrow is the big day of the Upgrade. But what's the new section? Happy

It's coming... 1 Day...
FT»Marcel

(This post was last modified: 01.03.2009 11:18 by Marcel.)
01.03.2009 11:03
kastun Offline
Skilled Mapper
FunTracker

Nobody replies? Then its my turn, even if I know most of it allready^^

Great work!

Rock Concert Movement #237: Taking the audience on a Jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.
01.03.2009 16:04
AmProsius Offline
Captain
Inactive FunTracker

Yeeha, brandnew spambox! Laughing

Are you also able to delete "shouts"? Shocked

01.03.2009 16:51
AmProsius Offline
Captain
Inactive FunTracker

Doublepost ... Wacko

I really dislike the new post style with the poster on top of the post. But maybe it needs getting used to (= ist gewöhnungsbedürftig).
Where did you get that strange idea?

(This post was last modified: 02.03.2009 15:10 by AmProsius.)
02.03.2009 15:08
Marcel Offline
ここにはコードがありません。
ClanLeader

Snakey and I are able to delete end edit all Shouts, you as a non-Admin will only be able to edit and delete your own shouts, as it was already in the old shoutbox Wink2

EDIT:
User CP -> Edit Options -> Use Classic Post Style Wink2

(This post was last modified: 02.03.2009 15:11 by Marcel.)
02.03.2009 15:10
AmProsius Offline
Captain
Inactive FunTracker

Better, thanks. Smile

02.03.2009 18:59
Nefas Offline
Waiting for TM2
Inactive FunTracker

Just wanted to post that I like this
page great work Marci Biggrin

I mean ... Facepalm
29.03.2009 21:43